The SCAT (Sport Concussion Assessment Tool), represents a standardized method of evaluating injured athletes for concussion and can be used in athletes aged 10 years and older. This tool is geared to medical and health professionals.
- Child SCAT5 Revised - June 18, 2017
- SCAT5 Revised - June 18, 2017
A user-friendly version of this tool (called the Pocket SCAT2) is also available to assist coaches and trainers in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussion.
From our friends at Parachute Canada, here are some excellent resources on the topic of concussions:
- Concussion Overview for Parents and Caregivers
- Concussion Guidelines for the Coach and Trainer
- Concussion Guidelines for Physicians